Hi all, I’ve just been nominated for the “Thought Provoking Blog” award by Amanda Bretz. Yay! What a fun way to start the week.
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
A sincere thank you to fiction writer and blogger, Amanda Bretz! Stop by and check out her blog.
2. Post the image on your blog.
Yup. See above.
3. Share seven things about yourself.
I swear people, I’m running out of things to share. How about I list 7 thought provoking pieces of advice I’ve held onto about fiction writing:
- Write. Revise. Repeat.
- If your latest MS didn’t get picked up, keep on writing…
- Every scene must have an arc
- Every major character relationship should also have an arc
- The tension from the main plot won’t carry the MS –you need “microtension” and conflict
- Conflict and frustration are the heart of fiction
- Don’t love your characters so much that you give them what they want
Pass the award to five blogs you enjoy.
You guys ready for another blog contest? Me too! Here’s the deal: Every blogger who posts a thought-provoking piece of advice for writers in the comment section will automatically be nominated for the “Thought Provoking Blog” award.
The person who posts my favorite bit of advice will receive a gently used copy of editor Betsy Lerner’s “The Forest for the Trees: An Editor’s Advice to Writers”
Good luck! Hope you all had a great holiday weekend.