YAY! One of my fearless blogging friends, Isabel Costello just tagged me with this Lucky 7 Meme. Thank you Isabel. Now, all of you hop on over and check out the Lucky 7 from her novel Nothing Happens For A Reason.
The rules? Ahem… (drumroll, please)
Go to page 7 or 77 in your current manuscript
- · Go to line 7
- · Post on your blog the next 7 lines, or sentences, as they are – no cheating
- · Tag 7 other authors to do the same
My novel, ENCHANTER, is about a sixteen-year-old girl who is drawn into a world of magic after her mother is murdered. On page 7, she’s hanging out with her friend Tom at a nightclub, meeting his new girlfriend for the first time. Enjoy!
Nim wondered if Tom cared whether the girl knew he used to suck spaghetti up his nose and pull it out through his mouth to impress her. Maybe, maybe not. Tom was hard to embarrass.
Nim smiled at the girl. She looked like Punk Barbie. She was picture perfect with blue eyes and bubblegum pink lipstick, except she wore a t-shirt with a giant skull on it and her lip and eyebrows were pierced.
Punk Barbie didn’t smile back. Whatever. Tom always had a new girlfriend.
So, who am I tagging?
(1) The Terrific Tanya Spencer at http://thejoysofwriting.wordpress.com/2011/11/ and @tanya7writer
(2) The Amazing Adam at http://livelikeagrownup.wordpress.com/ and @adammartin13
(3) The Marvelous Mary-Ann at http://likeitiz.wordpress.com/
(4) The Lovely Lauren Waters at http://laurenwaters.net/
(5) The Awe-Inducing Addie at http://justbeingthoughtful.wordpress.com/
(6) The Notorious Nicci Cloke at http://niccicloke.blogspot.com/ and @niccicloke
(7) The Kool Karen Wan at http://writingyourdestiny.com/ and @karenrwan
(Was that too much alliteration? Nah…)
For those of you who are poets, could we have 7 lines of a poem you’ve written this year? No reason to exclude the poets in this Lucky 7 Meme.
Get to it ladies! Can’t wait to see your Lucky 7’s. Thanks again for tagging me Isabel!